- Morocco’s climate is influenced by three factors: the Atlantic Ocean in the west, the Atlas Mountains from north to south and the Sahara desert in south and east.
- The best season for ski touring is during March, for trekking the spring to May and the fall from September to November. The mountains and coasts are rainy during the winter months. During Ramadan, many stores and other infrastructure is closed or limited available.
- The Atlas mountains have a snow cover into June. The summits are just above 4.000 m. The entire region above 2.500 m is very dry and without vegetation.
- High Atlas: Spring corn ski touring at 4.000 m altitude. Several peaks accessible within a day tour from one high valley. This is a good place to start ski touring abroad.
- High Atlas: from a technical point a very easy climb, but the wind and the heat can be a challenge
- Rock climbing: many still untouched or not established, alpine walls and routes.
- Atlas: easy day hikes up to week-long long-distance treks possible. Support through donkeys are available. Interesting regions are the M’Goun mountains and Jebel Toubkal
- Rif Mountains in the north
- Sahara: trek from oasis to oasis around Jebel Sarhro
Tour idea – Skitouring the High Atlas
- Where: Imlil, High Atlas
- Itinerary: Marrakech – Refuge High Atlas – Marrakech
- Activity: Skitouring
- Season: Mid February to Mid April
- Length: 7 days / 6 nights
- Day 1: Meeting in Marrakech and transfer to Imlil. Trek to the Refuge with donkey support (up to the snow line).
- Day 2-6: Daily ski touring from the refuge to different peaks above 4.000m altitude.
- Day 7: Descend from the refuge with donkey support to Imlil, transfer to Marrakech.
- Base for the calculation: 2 persons
- Costs per person:
- Accommodation, all meals and transport is included
- Team: Guide, porters and donkeys
- The prices depend from the booked services and can be arranged individually.
- This tour and the price is given as an orientation to you.
- This tour idea is just one of many possibilities. You don’t need a guide, but a driver? Or just some equipment for rent? We can organize everything…
- Send us your request and we can answer your questions immediately.
- Visa for UK/US/CAN: 90 on arrival
- Currency: Moroc. Dirham (MAD) – Converter
- Time zone: UTC+1 or 5 hour ahead of New York City
- Country domain: .ma
- Country phone code: +212
- Emergency: 177